Saturday, 5 June 2010

Build a Sunflower

It is ages since I tried unsuccesfully I might say, to schedule a post for a future date and time but as I have an early start in the morning I'm going to try once more so here's hoping.

This sunflower is the latest in the Papermania range of build a flower stamps and it was stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Copics then all pieces cut out and layered up with a couple of leaves (X.cut punch and emboss). Background papers are from Papermania with bits and pieces of card from my oddments boxes. The sentiment is a stampin Up stamp onto a Nellies die cut shape.

Fingers crossed you won't be seeing this until tomorrow morning!!

Bah Humbug challenge 21

I can hardly believe I have 21 Christmas cards made already and this week the challenge at Bah Humbug is to use acetate which is something which I rarely use so had to think for this one. I eventually settled on printing out an image from My craft Studio onto acetate and them applying gilding flakes to it. I also just had to use my wonderful prize of a Spellbinders Christmas lights die - background paper is from Artylicious and a small sentiment from Papermania.

Why is it I wonder that as soon as I've completed a challenge card I think of a ton of other possibilities I could have used?? Not to worry there are plenty of weeks left to use these ideas.

Friday, 4 June 2010


During one of my many efforts to get my crafting things into some semblance of order I came across a box of die cuts which I'd done ages ago when I had the bright idea of cutting shapes from some of my small scraps of left over card instead of just keeping them as scraps. All I seem to have done is keep them as die cuts so now I'm trying to use some of them up. Most of the time when I intend to use these sort of things they just don't match what I'm making currently or I don't have any more card of that particularl colour - I'm sure you've all done the same sort of thing or is it just me that can't bear to throw away small bits and pieces.

however I did incorporate this cameo (Quickcutz dies) into a card with a new die cut shape using a Nellies die which is mirri card sanded and sponged with distress ink to tone it down and give a different look. Background paper is from Papermania Hampstead pack and the strip across the centre is made using Stampin Up vintage stamp wheel. I made a large flower using bits and pieces and the leaves, also in sanded mirri card are punched using a Papermania leaf punch.

Thursday, 3 June 2010

Little Things

This little creature was amongst a set of free stamps which came with a recent magazine - why is it can never resist these offers?? I'm not even sure what he is but he was coloured with Polychromos pencils; background paper is by Papermania and I added some Cuttlebug embossing, ribbon and a greeting on a Nellie die cut.

Wednesday, 2 June 2010


Some cheerful sunflowers this morning to brighten the day of someone who may be feeling unwell. Stamp by Papermania, butterfly is an X-cut die and background paper is also from papermania and the little bee buttons were lurking in my stash. Image coloured with Copics, message from the computer popped onto stampin Up punched ovals.

Tuesday, 1 June 2010

A Baby Owl

I've been trying to address the problem of some gaps in my stock of cards - here is a baby girl card which will fill one of those gaps and keep the baby boy cards company. I can't understand why I have several boy cards and no girl ones - just one of those things I suppose. Background is some pink gingham card which I just happened to have in my stash, the image and sentiment are from a set of Joanna Sheen stamps and I added a punched strip and die cut daisy with embossed and punched leaf. Colouring was done with Copics

Monday, 31 May 2010

Bird with Swirls

The last time I had a crafty day with my friend Anne she let me stamp a few images and at the time I used this SU bird stamp with black ink on white card, not really knowing how I would use it. I came across this while I was having a tidy up and decided to take a risk that theblack ink was permanent. I used a Kaleidocolour dye ink pad and dabbed it onto a craft mat, spritzed with water and then sort of 'mopped up' the colour with the printed card. The edges were sponged with Distress Black Soot. Background paper is by Stampin Up, as is the ribbon and punched message.

Sunday, 30 May 2010

Bah Humbug challenge 20

The challenge at Bah Humbug this week is silhouettes and my thoughts went immediately to the Dancing With shadows CD from Joanna Sheen and fortunately there are some seasonal images there. I printed off a main image the three much smaller ones and layered them onto some gold card. Background paper is from my stash and the tree paper was printed from the CD, ribbon is by Papermania.