The Craftwork Cards Challenge is up to the letter A for acetate and I've used a small piece stamped with one of their flower stamps. I then added some double sided adhesive and some gilding flakes and put the resulting square behind one of their embossed frames which has been highlighted by spongeing with ink. Background papers are by Craftwork cards as is the butterfly greeting. Some card from my stash has been cut using Fiskars border punch. Some ribbon and card candy completes this card.
Saturday, 23 January 2010
Friday, 22 January 2010
The challenge for week 3 at Bah Humbug is glitter and my card has quite a bit on it although it doesn't show up too well on the scan because it is ultrafine glitter which I prefer. Background paper is Papermania from a couple of years ago, the snowman is a stamp from Funstamps and his hat and scarf are decoupaged. I stamped the snowman, cut him out and ran him through a Xyron machine and then put crystal ultrafine glitter onto the sticky surface. Some glitter paper snowflakes were added and a matching greeting which has been mounted onto a Nellie die cut - the centres of the tiny printed snowflakes on the background also had glitter added with a quickie glue pen dot.
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Wednesday, 20 January 2010
Thinking of ways to use ribbon I entwined some organza ribbon around a Nellie die cut on which I'd stamped an image using an Elusive Images stamp from the retro flowers range. I'm also trying to use up some of my huge pile of paper and card offcuts so these pieces are from that pile (mountain would be more like it). Finished off with some corners using a Cuttlebug die, butterfly charm and lines drawn using a fineliner pen.
Tuesday, 19 January 2010
The Monday challenge on Pollycraft is Fire and Ice (red and white) and I've used one of their digital images coloured with Copics. The edges of the white flower were coloured using the same pen and leaves were punched. Background paper is also from Pollycraft.
Monday, 18 January 2010
The second challenge at Craftwork Cards is R for ribbon and luckily I still had a small piece of ribbon left in my goody bag. The background papers, sentiments and flowers are all from the same bag with just the addition of a couple of punched leaves and a small punched flower with, of course, some card candy.
I noticed that at least two of my blogging friends have the same goody bag!!
Sunday, 17 January 2010
The second challenge over at Bah Humbug is to make a Christmas card using something new or nearly new. My new item is the frame cut using some new Nellie dies and I also managed to include nearly new because the stamp used was from a set given away free with a magazine before Christmas. Background papers are from my stash, the snowflakes were cut using a cuttlebug die and the greeting was computer generated and cut using Stampin Up punches.