Pages

Friday 26 August 2022

Spotlight Technique

 I recently watched a YouTube tutorial  by the talented Jo Rice (Lavinia Stamps You Tube) and decided to make something similar but instead of using plain card as a background I turned to one of my Gelli plate experiments.  Normally the spotlight technique involves stamping part of a design onto a separate piece of  card and then die cutting into a circle to overlay but my card (and Jo's) are both single layer with the spotlight being achieved by masking and sponging ink.  The area within the circle has been coloured using pencils and a bit of artistic licence has been employed with the chosen colours - I quite like pink dandelions 😉😉.



9 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful technique and I like pink dandelions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It is really pretty! A hug, Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting twist on the spotlight technique, and a very pretty card. I like pink too, and I like artistic licence! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Val. I love the effect of the spotlight technique, one that's still on my list of techniques to try. The pink dandelions are wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like the idea of Pink Dandelions. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I like the spotlight technique but this take on it I think is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this technique Val and nice to have it as a flat spotlight rather than raised....youve made a lovely card..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique. Your artistic licence with dandelions works for me!!! Superb card. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This spotlighted flower is really pretty and another wonderful gelli plate background Val....I love it! x

    ReplyDelete