Pages

Sunday 15 May 2022

Snippets Playground Challenge #428

 Time for another challenge over at the Snippets Playground and I've made a card with a garden scene this time.  Everything came from my snippets mountain apart from the base card and a piece of woodgrain paper from a 6" paper pad.  I started with a stitched rectangle cut from a snippet of cream and backed it with a slightly larger brown piece which has had a stitched zig-zag detail die cut at the bottom.  I then got out several different die sets and cut all the rest of the elements from an assortment of coloured snippets.  These 'bits' were then arranged, and re-arranged, until I was satisfied with the composition before gluing them down - the leafy border was cut in green and then again from some tiny coloured snippets so that I could snip the little flowers off to glue into place!! 

There is super collection of stamps as the prize this fortnight so why don't you rummage through your snippets and have a go 😉😉.  Your Snippets don't have to be as tiny as mine, but I just love fiddling to build up scenes.


Bird Feeder and larger birds - dies from Joanna Sheen
Smaller birds - dies from Memory Box
Tree, border and fence - die set from Sizzix
Zig-zag edge - dies from Daisy Mae
Sentiment - composed using My Craft Studio, printed and cut with Stampin' Up die

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene made up of your tiny die-cut snippets. This card would really please a gardener!

    Thanks for submitting homework to the Snippets Playground. Fancy a swoosh down the slide a few times??? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your snippets mountain remark! I have one too but hearing it said in those words makes it all the more real! LOL This is so pretty with the bird feeder and birds in the garden! Just what I enjoy seeing this time of the year! Great use of snippets too! (getting my mountain climbing boots out in anticipation of making a card) *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Val, such a lovely summery scene. Great use of all those tiny snippets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super summer snippets sensation! Great composition and great patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such gorgeous cards with your snippets Val and this one is no exception, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Val - SO much teeny detail! I love it.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful garden scene card Val..I loe to sit and watch the birds on our feeders

    Anne

    ReplyDelete