Pages

Thursday 28 October 2021

Silhouette Stamps

I enjoy working with silhouette stamps and this is a recent card which started from an inky background.  I normally use plain white or cream card for my inky play but decided to have a go using some coated card  (Original Clarity card which I've had for more years than I care to think about) using Distress Oxide inks. The results on coated card are slightly different from those using plain card and because the surface was very smooth I found that the stamping in black Versafine ink took much longer to dry so I had to be very careful not to smudge any of the images.  Stamps from a variety of sources were used to build up the scene and I stamped the sentiment onto a separate strip of toning card - this is a better match in real life than it appears to be on the screen., 


Background - Distress Oxide inks with Clarity original coated card
Stamps - from a variety of sources including Lavinia and Card-Io, also some freebies


6 comments:

  1. Your background it looks quite dramatic Val...lovely card..silhouette stamps are so nice to play with

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,love the background.I use Distress inks have only got a few Oxides,can't make my mind up which I prefer.Never thought of using coated card tho,thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s not only a magical background but a magical card too Val, such a lovely scene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully created and really sweet scene using this wonderful mixture of stamps Val, and the combination of the purple and yellowy colours together for the background are just perfect, and love the way you have stamped the sentiment and pretty flower on the strip of lilac card at the bottom. A brilliant look. x

    ReplyDelete