Pages

Thursday 14 October 2021

Chicks

 Moved away from Christmas cards, at least for the time being, and I've made a fun birthday card with chicks.  I took a square of white card and stamped in grey with a woodgrain stamp before using a couple of circle dies and a punch to cut out the round windows.  I thought that the blue DSP would suit this card because it looks a bit like a chicken wire design.  The white layer was popped up with foam tape and then I used up a selection of chick images which I'd stamped, coloured and cut out a while ago and stored  ready for use when I wanted to make a fairly quick card.  It is a lovely sunny day at present and although a touch chilly outside the sun is shining through the window as I type and it feels quite warm.


Background - DSP from Boho Indigo Suite Stampin' Up (retired)
Woodgrain - large stamp from Stampin' Up (retired)
Stamps and Dies - from Hey Chick and Birthday Chick, Stampin' Up (retired)

5 comments:

  1. These chicks always make me smile Val (and in need of cheering up at the mo!) - a real fun card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val

    Your card really made me smile .. .. .. love your design papers and that large woodgrain stamp looks amazing!

    Hope your week is going well.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gorgeous fun card Val and the wonderful stamp set that you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun card Val, that blue paper really suits and the wood grain is ideal, as are the circles to show the chicks having a ball xxx

    ReplyDelete