Pages

Sunday 24 October 2021

Another One for Christmas

 I did something yesterday which I've not done for over 20 months - bought a craft magazine from the supermarket!!  I've not been anywhere  near such temptations in all that time but I had to visit their Phone Shop to sort out a problem with my mobile and walked past the magazine department on the way.  Thought I deserved a treat so a bought a copy of Die-Cutting Essentials which had this set of Santa dies as a 'free' gift.  When I got back home I just had to cut one out quickly and make a card.  It is quite a detailed die and works a treat; the 'Believe' word is also part of the set and to make it stand out a little bit I used the die to draw around onto a scrap of white card and fussy cut it to form a backing for the word.  So, that's another die set to add to my seasonal collection - might need a larger box to keep them in when I store them all away ready for next year 😉




6 comments:

  1. A nice treat once in a while. I like that idea of cutting the background for the word die! I'd never thought of that. None of mine have a matching die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He might have been fiddly Val but well worth it..he's a lovely santa...love your card colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is about the same time for me as well . I only bought to take away on holiday to read and that is now 2yrs ago. I am already on box two with just my Christmas stamps and dies.! I will desist on getting this Santa which does look gorgeous and as Allison says a fab idea to cut round the sentiment . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to have a crafty treat, Val. Great card and I love the Santa. Clever idea to cut round the die to make the mat for the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve a treat for sure and you've made a great Christmas card with it too! I wish I still had some of that great SU! dsp left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat! Lovely Santa card, and of course we have to believe else he won’t come! I must try using the die to make a backing layer xxx

    ReplyDelete