Pages

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Tall Trees

 I decided to have a bit of inky play and have come up with a card which I thought might be good for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas in the usual way but would appreciate a card anyway.  I've been debating with myself whether to add a sentiment or not - maybe something like 'Winter Wishes' but will give that a bit of thought.  I cut a piece of card to the right size to fit the card blank and then added colour with Distress Oxide inks as well as finally using some Distress ink.  Once this was thoroughly dry I built up the scene by sponging in the 'ground' and then stamping the trees and deer.  A circle mask was used to sponge the halo around the trees.  I must say that my fingers were an interesting colour once I'd finished 😉


Trees - stamp by Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous
Deer - stamps from Card-Io
Text over-stamping - freebie stamp from magazine set Phill Martin

7 comments:

  1. Love your pixie powder and inky creations Val, the deer scene is very striking, colours are fab and can imagine what your hands looked like :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Val…love the colours and winter scene

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous inky scene, Val. I had to smile when I read about your inky fingers. Sounds just like me when I do anything with inks, however careful I am. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    Love the effect you have achieved here .. .. a great background and an interesting colour combo.

    Looks like we both managed a successful scheduled post! YAY!! Didn't we do well!

    I really must do a few more of them .. .. but need to make the cards first! LOL!!

    Hope your weather is as nice as it is here.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super scenic card. Love your inking. Your fingers will eventually return to normal, but inky fingers are a sign of how much fun you had! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours that you have used on the background. not so sure about the inky fingers bit though. Would need to wear a pair of surgical gloves for myself! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scene is fabulous Val and the blue, green and yellow colours look really good as a background to your silhouette trees and deer, and the added bits of script work perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete