I've been having a bit of inky play and have produced a couple of reasonably interesting backgrounds, one using a gelli plate and the other using a brayer. For this card I chose the brayered background, cut it to fit a tall DL card and set about composing a little scene using a selection of stamps, some of which I've had for many years (they are from several different stamp sets). I started by making the uneven 'ground' at the bottom using torn scrap paper and a brush to apply the ink, followed by stamping the tall toadstool in black then gradually building up the rest of the foliage using a variety of shades of green ink, popping the two hares into place. Final touch was to add the overhanging leafy area and lightly brushing right around the edge with the darkest green, then mounting onto a larger piece of black card. My original intention was to maybe put the whole thing onto a kraft card blank but I discovered along the way that not all DL cards are created equal 😉. I have white, cream and kraft and they are all slightly different in size. What is it they say about 'best laid plans' - this is now on a white background. In future I must check the sizes before I start if I definitely want a particular colour of card blank for the finished project. Ideas are going round in my head for using the gelli plate background next.
Toadstool and Hares - stamps by Lavinia
Foliage - variety of stamps from a wide selection of different sets
Greeting - sticker from Clarity