Pages

Sunday 29 November 2020

Ikebana

A bit of light relief today with some Japanese flower arranging but using oddments of card which has to be much easier than doing the real thing - I'm not particularly good with flowers!  I die cut the container, branch and tiny flowers using various scraps of card then arranged them onto a cream label shape which had a toning layer behind..  I then remembered that I had a bamboo embossing folder which hadn't seen the light of day since Oriental cards were all the rage - some years back.  Stamped the sentiment onto another scrap of cream card, found some designer paper and assembled everything. I've still not stowed away all the Christmas crafty items which is what I really intended when I went into the craft room - easily side-tracked  that's me 😊😊  Seeing this on the screen I feel it probably needs something in the top right area, will have a ponder on that.


Dies - Ikebana set from Sizzix, designed by Pete Hughes
Embossing Folder - Bamboo by Cuttlebug
Sentiment - from my favourite magazine freebie stamp set from a while ago
Label dies - an old Spellbinders set
Background - Tonic dies

5 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get sidetracked when crafting....Pretty little Japanese flower and yes I agree something in the right hand corner would finish it off beautifully.

    Anne
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    oh that flower is so pretty and it looks so lovely in that pot.
    That bamboo embossing folder was a brilliant find in you craft room as it's perfect for the designs.
    Yes a bow, some pearls or a corner die would finish it off perfectly.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to use up snippets and while away an afternoon doing a spot of paper ikebana. Pretty card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Val. I had to smile at your comment about not being good with flowers, I'm fine as long as it's in the garden or the paper variety anything indoors is normally dead within days.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's another lovely card Val. I like the layout too.
    If you feel something more is needed in the top right . . . how about a few more die-cut Ikebana flowers?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete