Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Trio of Birds

More birds on a card today but very different from my previous one.  Looking through some boxes of stamps I came across this one which - again - hasn't seen ink for quite a long time.  Could this mean that I have too many stamps do you think???  Anyway I used some watercolour card and inks to make a background on which to stamp the birds. Once stamped the square was cut using a die with one slightly larger for a second toning layer.  A scrap of card in a tone similar to the image was embossed to pop behind.  Finally adding some patterned paper, a lace border and a sentiment.


Birds - stamp from Crafty Individuals
Squares - Noble Pierced Squares die set Creative Expressions
Embossed panel - Embossing Folder by Creative Expressions
Lace - Elegant Border Die from Crafter's Companion Downton Abbey Range
Background - Paper Printed from Artylicious Essence of Nature CD
Sentiment - Computer Generated, Stampin' Up punches used

7 comments:

  1. Lovely bird card Val...looks like we are both into birds today!
    like your colours and the pretty lace die cut border

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous card Val. I also know the answer to your question, but let me put it another way I know I have too many stamps and not enough time to use them not that I will admit that it questioned later by Hubby.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Val. Love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Val. I love your well co-ordinated colour palette which works so well with the stamp you have chosen. Too many stamps in your stash? I don't believe that is possible but just like Sue, I don't think my hubby would agree. Let us all keep it a secret eh? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val

    I love that stamp .. .. and the background you have stamped it on. A great finished card that is really lovely.

    Yes, the Antiques Roadshow would have a whale of a time in my little craft pod!! LOL!!

    Have a good day Val.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This collage stamp with the birds looks lovely and with the dry and heat embossed backgrounds looks great in the yellow and brown tones Val. x

    ReplyDelete