Pages

Friday 26 June 2020

Heatwave

I must say that this heatwave we are having isn't good for me, when I feel hot sitting still that is just too much and as for trying to sleep at night - enough said.  It has taken me a couple of days to make this card but pleased that it is finished at last.  The stamp set is an old one and long retired but it is a favourite of mine especially now that I have the Misti to help with positioning for the multi-layering involved.  I die cut a circle and then did the stamping, adding a sentiment and then layered this with a larger scalloped circle.  Found some toning background paper which was over-stamped using one of the flower outline stamps to give a bit of interest.  A scrap of toning ribbon, a couple of metal dragonflies and that's that -I'm off now for a sit down with a cool drink.


Flower Stamps - from Penned and Painted by Stampin' Up - retired
Circles - dies from Sizzix and Tattered Lace

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully you found your missing stamp? It is a lovely stamp set like how you've stamped on the background busing one of the images Val...pretty card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Val for making this gorgeous card in this heatwave.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    this is such a very lovely card and that stamped image is grgeous.
    You have colooured it wonderfully too.
    Love how you have stamped your background paper to match.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Val .. .. I am a little behind with my commenting.

    Loving the colours on this great card .. .. .. it makes you wonder how we managed without a Misti doesn't it? I can remember spending ages doing a commission of a multi-layered humming bird. It would have been so much easier if I had got my Misti then!

    Loving the colours you have used here.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete