Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

Floral Card

I've spotted that quite a few of us are re-visiting items in the stash which maybe haven't seen the light of day for a while and it is good to be reminded of things which were 'must-haves' in the past or techniques which have been temporarily put to one side.  I've used a set of dies which has a matching stamp set although on this occasion I've die cut the flowers and leaves from scraps of coloured card so the stamps haven't actually been used for this card.  The darker flowers have  been sponged around the edges with white as a change from the more usual darker colour highlight..  I'm sure with so much 'stuff' to use there is no excuse for feeling 'stir-crazy' and I feel for those who have no interesting hobbies to keep them occupied in these strange times.  Stay safe everyone, follow the guidelines and we will beat this!!


Die set used - Botanical Builder from Stampin' Up
Sentiment - free stamp used with SU punches

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful floral card, your flowers are so pretty.
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Val, a very pretty design. It's strange how many of have craft things which we couldn't live without when we bought them, but have been gathering dust for some time. Next week I'm determined to blitz my craft room and I'm sure I will find things I had totally forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Val, I ve managed to amass such a alot over the years and a lot has not been used. A good time to get it out and inked I think.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val,
    yes you are right I think we all can adhere to having to have something and then forget to use it or put out of sight and out of mind.
    My friend Wendy L spent 62 days using every die in her collection.
    I dread to think how long that would take me.
    Love your super card and gorgeous flowers you have created.
    That border looks very pretty underneath too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete