Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

Twofer Card Challenge #14

The theme for this challenge is 'Balloons' as well as the usual idea of making two cards in different colours or style and for different occasions using the same stamps, dies etc.  As I have a set of balloon stamps which I know haven't been used for quite a while I thought I'd have a go this time.  There is plenty of inspiration by the design team if you pop over to the Twofer Challenge Blog.

For my first card I've stamped just one of the balloons and combined it with a die cut elephant to make a baby card.  I layered up some pink papers before die cutting two scalloped circles on which to pop the elephant and balloon.  A sentiment was added onto a smaller matching scalloped circle.

For the second I stamped three balloons onto a scrap of watercolour paper which had been coloured with Pixie powders and was left from another project.  In both cases the balloons were cut out with scissors although there is a punch available which matches the stamp set.  I sorted out some paper and card which matched the colours and die cut some banners.  Coloured string was added to the balloons and the computer sentiment was punched out before popping onto a scalloped oval and an odd die cut shape which was lying around just waiting to be used.  There was some over-stamping on the narrow sections of the banner.



Edited to add side by side picture - thanks to those who pointed out the 'rules' - should have read them more carefully!!






Balloons - Balloon Celebrations set from Stampin' Up
Elephant - Sweet Dixie die
Circles - Tattered Lace dies
Banners - Dies from Stampin' Up and also Creative Expressions
Sentiment - oval punches from SU, shaped plaque Creative Expressions die








11 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Val, super designs.
    Don't forget that you need to take a photo of the two cards together when you link it up to the Twofer Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards Val, the second make a great male themed card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful designs, Val! The baby card for a little girl is adorable with the sweet ellie holding a balloon! And I love the colors of your birthday card colored with Pixie powders! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #14! (I see Liz has already mentioned one of the rules about taking a photo of both cards together for the gallery.) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. And, I see Liz told you that a photo of the two together is needed. Sometimes that is hard to remember. But you made two fantastic and wonderful designs with your balloon. They look so shimmery. I never heard of Pixie Powders before. I might have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's just something special about a baby card, isn't there?! Your card fit that category, too. Such a precious pink card and perfect for a baby girl! Love how you've got the elephant holding that balloon. So sweet. And your birthday card is a great masculine card, too. Such great colors. Wonderful way to use up that Pixie powdered paper, too. Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val,
    2 wonderful Twofer cards and your designs look very beautifully created.
    Such super colours used and the balloons on the male one are such a gorgeous colour.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards Val I espically love the elephant card I think I am wishing I hadn't sold my balloon set now!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a way to email you, Val. Thank you for adding a photo of both of your cards! I have edited the gallery to delete the original and replace it with the right one! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for editing the details in the gallery for me, should have been more careful reading the rules!!

      Delete
  9. Two wonderful cards Val .. .. I always love a new baby card .. .. but the balloons on the second card really catch my eye. Love the effect you have created with the pixie powders.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete