Pages

Sunday 20 January 2019

Snippets Playground #344

It is time to pop into the playground again with another snippets card - goodness me the weeks seem to fly by don't they.  This time I'm taking along one of my masculine cards although I reckon this could be sent to anyone really as it definitely not pink or too 'fancy'.  Like the lovely Di I also started with a whole piece of paper from a small pad of woodgrain papers, just trimmed a little to fit the base card but everything else on the card was cut from various snippets of green card and watercolour paper.  I stamped the birds and sentiment onto the scraps before die cutting the banners but in the case of the spiky foliage I cut the banner first as I only wanted to use part of a larger stamp for this one.  A fairly simple card but I still managed to get one part wrong - gaily went along cutting out the banners and it wasn't until I came to put it all together that I realised the sentiment was facing the wrong way so it is lucky that I have so many snippets of all sorts to turn to!!  Now of course I have yet another 'spare' banner littering my desk along with various other left overs.

The card which Di has made for inspiration features a really cute creature along with hearts so with Valentine's day looming I guess it would be a handy prize to win.


Woodgrain Paper - pad from The Works
Banners - Sue Wilson dies
Birds and Sentiment - stamps by Stampin' Up
Foliage - stamp from Papermania (had it for many years)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Val, I have so gotten out of the Blogger habit from both sides of the fence, tut tut!

    Thanks for you comment on my long overdue blog post yesterday. I've had a scroll back through quite a lot of your posts and see you are still far more productive than I, lol! Lots of lovely inspiration and this card is perfect for a male I think.

    I have to just mention I fell in love with those cute little penguins on one of your Christmas cards.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Val and could either be masculine or female I think the sentiment is fine gives a bit more interest

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this wonderful card Val, it uses one of my favourite SU stamp sets.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all time fave SU sets! Looks great against the woodgrain background. Great snippets make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super design, Val, I love the woodgrain background and the images are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the organic look of your beachy card, Val! Great snippets make!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card....wonderful.
    greeting- evi erlinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Val - it is very beachy as Darnell says, reminds me we may just get Summer! Snowing here right now, not enough to amaze Dudley and it isn't lying ............ yet! You used those birds beautifully, oddly enough I was looking at my own Shoreline set earlier and thinking I ought to use it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really struggle with ideas for mail cards but this card is a perfect example and even better I already have they SU stamp!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful male card, great mix of the stamps. Emma

    ReplyDelete