Yesterday I spotted a card posted by my friend Anne and she had used some flowers stamped with this set (discontinued) from Stampin' Up. Now at one time this was one of my favourite stamp sets and was well used but seeing the card reminded me that I'd probably not inked any of these particular ones for maybe a few years - how bad is that?? I decided to challenge myself to use up a die cut shape which has been lying around amongst my many 'saved to use later' collections and set about stamping some of the roses, buds and leaves in colours to tone with it. The rose set is one which has to be double stamped to get the effect and of course all images have to be cut out using scissors (no thoughts of matching dies around when these were issued). They are wood-mounted stamps too so no chance of using the Misti for lining them up although I did use a Stampamajig (another item not used for ages). I stamped a sentiment and die cut a larger shape to back the 'found one' before running this through an embossing folder which I'd inked for the letterpress effect. Finally I found a piece of suitable paper for backing and assembled my card. A real 'blast from the past' I'd say but I did enjoy making it.
Background - Vintage Shabby paper by Tim Holtz
Die Cut Shapes - Sue Wilson dies
Embossing Folder - Embosalicious roses design inked before using
Sentiment - Stampin' Up wood-mounted stamp
Roses - discontinued SU set A Rose is a Rose, cut out using scissors
Inks used - Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry and Aged Mahogany also Mowed Lawn for leaves