Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Mainly Diecutting

This is another card which I made quite a while ago but haven't shared. As a couple of the more recent makes are being kept for challenges here it is - hopefully I can remember what I used here.  I started with a piece of black card, die cutting corners at the top and a fancy border at the bottom, rubbing the lacy areas with copper gilding wax.  This was layered onto a piece of text backing paper and onto a card blank.  The words were die cut from scraps of black and popped onto a plaque made using some of the text paper and the frame cut from copper pearl card.  A matching flower  was die cut and a swirl which was just lying around on my desk were added. 

Thankfully we are back to more nice sunny weather after a fierce thunder storm with torrential rain on Monday evening - a bit of rain and the grass grows like mad though!!


Corners and Border - Crafter's Companion dies
Words - Crafter's Companion dies
Plaque - Sue Wilson dies
Flower - also a Sue Wilson die
Swirl - Marianne die (I think)

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Val, I love the papers that you've teamed the black and gilded card with it gives quite a vintage feel to it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely die cut card Val the colours really compliment each other

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those corners and the gilding wax really makes them stand out. I like adding things to cards that just happen to be lying on my desk at the time. Makes for a special card that way. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete