Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2018

It's Been a While!

Yes it certainly has been a while since I actually made a card, mainly because my craft room isn't the warmest in the house and I've been doing things like stitching, crochet etc which can be done sitting near the fire.  I was asked for a baby card this morning which of course I didn't have so I set about making one but it took me ages longer than it should have - so out of practice!!  I used a three stage stamp for the bear and bow, making use of the Misti of course.  Once stamped this was cut out using a circle die and a frame was also made using the same die set.  Some suitable background paper came to light along with a computer sentiment which was punched out with a small oval punch and backed with a label punch using a snippet of pink card.  Another snippet of cream card was embossed and sponged with pink to add to the composition.  A pretty simple card really but hopefully it will fit the bill and of course because I used up more of my snippets I can take it along to the Playground for the current challenge which is #321.  There is a very tempting prize this time using stamps and a technique both of which are quite new to me - always something new coming along to tempt us to part with crafty money!!  Follow the link to see what Di has done and read her helpful and detailed description.


Stamps - Baby Bear three stage set from Stampin-Up
Circles - Stitched circles dies from Sizzix
Embossing - freebie folder from magazine
Sentiment - computer generated, punches from Stampin' Up

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby card, love the bear :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card Val, I love the colours you've used on the bear.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous baby card Val! Such pretty pinks and lovely embossing. I like that you made a square card and offset the embossed panel and the ber panel - I always plump for plonking thing in the centre so need to think about this sort of layout more. And you used that SU bear stamp perfectly! Hooray for the Misti with such sets.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Val. I love the old fashioned looking bear with the smart bow. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete