Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Pixie Snippets challenge weeks 289/290

The lovely Di has done some clever re-assembly of die cut snippets to produce an elegant heart on her card this week and no prizes for guessing what the 'prize' could be if you enter the challenge and are lucky enough to be a winner in the draw.  My card for the Playground Challenge this time has been made using yet another of my collection of freebie dies and of course some of my snippet mountain.

While I was having a sort out recently I came across a fairly large snippet of white card which had been embossed with a script folder.  I got out my pot of pearlescent acrylic medium and a scrunch of cling film to dab randomly over the surface.  Once dry it was then sponged with two colours of Oxide ink - the pearl resisted the colour of course.  A square was cut from this piece and then I searched through my scraps to find small snippets to cut the main die (circle with leaves and flowers) and also some extra flowers and leaves which were all assembled onto a die cut circle, carefully saving the tiny flower centres from the die cuts to pop back into the flowers.  The 'happy' word was also part of the die set which included some small word stamps to complete various sentiments.  The Misti came in very handy for placing the 'birthday' word in just the right place.  Finally I punched a couple of tiny butterflies from scraps of the remaining background, leaving me with a small strip which I've used on another card so that's one less large snippet hanging around - still plenty of small ones though!


Circle - Sizzix circles dies with stitched detail
Central motif and Flowers - Free die/stamp set with Die Cutting Essentials magazine
Butterflies - punch from Stampin' Up

6 comments:

  1. Your script background and your oxide ink pads have made a very pretty background Val and great use of snippets for your flowers and leaves

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background on this gorgeous card Val and the colours you've used too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Val - what a stunning card - so intricate and beautifully made - as ever. Woo, woot - I finally ordered some oxides yesterday! LOVE your result.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautiful color combination. Those flowers are so restful to look at. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Val. The script background is so pretty and I love the dies. Your colour combo is just gorgeous. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tranquil card, everything is just spot on - the colours and placement, that gorgeous background, super x

    ReplyDelete