Pages

Monday 31 July 2017

Another Acronym

Today's acronym is CAS which could actually stand for the same as yesterday's card but in fact this time it is 'clean and simple'.  Quite often a CAS card is only one layer but this isn't necessarily so, provided it has plenty of white space and isn't overly decorated.  Using a Misti or something similar certainly helps with this style of card, particularly when it comes to placing a sentiment direct onto the card - something I always used to avoid because I found when I was actually trying hard to get it right something invariably went wrong by way of a smudged or badly stamped image and the card ended in the bin.

For this card I used a paint sample card, easily picked up from the DIY stores and in a good range of colours.  A few 'splodges' were stamped onto the background before popping on the paint sample and a die cut wild flower.  Finally a sentiment was stamped - that's it a CAS card and with no smudged fingerprints!!  I could maybe get used to this style but I do like to work in whatever takes my fancy from time to time - variety is the spice of life.


Background Stamping - Splodges Stampin' Up French Foliage, texture from SU Birds and Blooms
Due Cut Flower - Tim Holtz wildflower dies
Sentiment - from a set of free sentiment stamps given with magazine

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Val, great use of the paint sample as a backdrop to this gorgeous die.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Val and what fantastic design work. I LOVE it! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Val and what a super use of the paint chips as well! Like you, I love the Misti! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sympathy card, Val. I love the colours and the paint sample card makes a lovely background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val

    Unlike yesterday .. .. I did actually know the meaning of this acronym LOL!.

    Love this card very much. Great use of the paint samples.

    I agree .. .. it is nice to work in lots of styles. Mine seems to change daily!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this Val...so gorgeous!! so creative.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete