Pages

Sunday 28 May 2017

Pixie Snippets Weeks 283 and 284

As always Di has made us a super card as inspiration for using up snippets and has given us her usual detailed  and helpful description of how it was achieved.  You can see it and details of the great prize on offer if you go HERE.  For my card this week I've used up some narrow snippets of watercolour card which had been coloured using Pixie Powders - yes my current favourite thing!!  I also die cut some flowers from snippets of black but when doing this I was careful to place the dies so that the 'waste' piece of black could be used to make another card which I will post at some point soon.  I know we all hate to throw away bits and pieces of card and paper and with a little forward planning you can accumulate even more  useful 'snippets' - it gets to be a bit of an obsession I fear!!  More snippets were used to die cut the sentiment panel and the background was a larger snippet embossed and sponged with Distress ink.


Banners - strips of coloured watercolour paper with ends punched into a 'V' Stampin' Up punch
Flowers - Tim Holtz wild flower die set
Sentiment Panel - Sue Wilson Dies, free stamp from magazine set
Background - Pinpoint embossing folder Sue Wilson
Pixie Powders - Cosmic Shimmer

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful snippets card Val. You have more success with pixie powders than I seem to have. I like the idea of using the black diecut flowers on the cut banners and the colours are very pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your die cuts look great against your watercolour background Val..lovely card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Val, this really is a lovely card! You always make such great use of your snippets and I love that you kept the 'waste' of the black die cuts. You would get on well with the incorrigible Mrs A! :) As always, a very clever entry.

    I'd love you to be our Guest Designer sometime, whenever it suits you. Unless you're happier just playing along but I do think your fabulous skills deserve a GD spot!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card, and a wonderful way to showcase your use of snippets x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty. Gorgeous colours which really tone together. How thoughtful to cut the flowers so you can use the waste. I certainly have plenty of snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design and colours Val.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val, a gorgeous card, love the colours and the die-cut flowers, a great tip too to plan ahead and create useful snippets. Thank you for playing with us in Snippets Playground good luck in the draw... have a wonderful week... Megan GD

    ReplyDelete