Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Nearly Tempted

I spotted a magazine article which was of course tempting people to buy a set of stamps at the very least and almost succumbed when I remembered I had a set of polymer stamps which could be used for my version of the idea.  Although these stamps are basically floral they aren't actual flower images, rather they are a set of separate images of quirky petals, leaves, seed pods and the like which can be built up into all manner of designs.  I started with some white card and stamped a little border along the top, then built up a flower - these areas were then masked off before creating the background using powder colours, spritzed with water and once dry the addition of some distress ink around the edges.  Once dry the masks were removed and a little detail added to the flowers using  coloured pencil.  The stamps have a companion CD so I printed off a couple of the backing papers, cut them down to size and added a simple greeting.  This was fun to do and due to the random nature of the powder pigments there is no way it can be repeated exactly but it was fun to do and I have a few more ideas ready to be tried.


Stamps - Lavender Tea set with companion CD from Polkadoodles
Pigment Powders - Pixie Powder from Cosmic Shimmer

4 comments:

  1. A stunning card Val, I love the colours you've chosen to use. How good of you to resist temptation too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Val. The colours are lovely and I can imagine you had lots of fun making it. Masking is a great technique. I enjoyed reading how you progressed. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Val. I love the background that you've created and the stamps work perfectly, it's stunning. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Val .. .. love the colours and the techniques you have used.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete