Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Butterflies

It is time again for a butterfly challenge on Mrs A's blog HERE and this time the alphabetical theme is  HOOPS AND/OR HAREBELLS  which I've loosely translated as circles and blue on my card.  I found a pretty piece of blue paper as a background then cut two scalloped circles from pearl card, one of which I embossed with a butterfly design and the other was sponged with blue distress ink.  Two circular shaped die cuts were added behind the main image to continue the theme.  I bought this die set some time ago as a 'must-have' and this is actually the first time it has been used!!  Finally I die cut some butterflies, again sponging with the same blue ink.  Do take a look at the challenge blog to see some great inspiration for this challenge - well worth a look and there is a themed prize too.


Scallop Circles - Tattered Lace dies
Butterflies - Crafter's Companion dies
Circular embellishments - Tattered Lace dies
Embossing Folder - Docrafts

6 comments:

  1. I love the tattered lace circles on your card. Fits in so perfectly. Thankyou for being the first to flutter by this time. The blue is a perfect shade too. Your card wil be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Val. I love your "new" dies. They make a lovely addition to your background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Val, lovely colours and lovely die cuts too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    What a beautiful fresh looking card .. .. another great background.

    In reply to your comment on my blog .. .. yes I agree .. .. the snow can just stay on the front of cards! As nice as it is to "just look at" we don't want to spoil any Christmas travelling plans folks might have do we.

    Thank you for all your lovely comments. So sorry it takes me so long to return them. These brides have a lot to answer for!! LOL!!

    Hope all is good with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Val love the colour. Your comment about a must have purchase that is only just being used made me laugh! I'm always searching for dies or stamps that I've seen people use and have to have them!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you wanted those dies. Lovely. It's a very pretty colour as layout.

    ReplyDelete