Pages

Sunday, 29 May 2016

Time for Pixie Snippets Playground

Somehow I missed visiting the playground last week and I've actually not made a card for nearly two weeks - must certainly do something about that or I'll never get through my card and paper mountain!!  I do have something (yes you've guessed - another bag) for the challenge this week using the remaining snippets of my upcycled denim skirt which I'd cut up to make the dolphin bag.  I liked the look of this pattern, again from Debbie Shore, and thought I'd have a go at this small handbag which has more work involved than some of the ones I've made.  There are D-rings to attach the handles which I like; strips of contrasting fabric with top stitching and also a magnetic clasp which is always a bit of a worry just in case I poke the holes in the wrong places and thus spoil the whole project.  Luckily all went well and I'm pleased with the result.

Di has made a lovely card this week using a handy die which is of course the prize on offer and there are some great picks from last week's entries - do take a look and maybe make something using some of your own snippets.


9 comments:

  1. What a lovely bag Val I just love the design like your contrasting fabric
    Gosh you've made so many different designs and used lots of beatiful fabrics

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab too - must try and attend the tombola later in the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another absolutely super bag Val. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely bag Val, great design.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a super bag Val! I love the mix of denim with the other fabric - clever you!

    Thanks for coming to play!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic bag Val, I love the contrasting fabric you've put with the denim.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this bag is fabulous, up cycled too, you are sooooooo clever! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bag Val, great style!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - I love the look of that bag too. Aren't you clever to make it. (I am hopeless with a capital H at sewing!)

    Thanks for your sympathy re my shoulder.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete