Saturday, 18 April 2015

Another Notebook

Here is another of the notebook covers I decorated using ultra thick embossing crystals.  The background was some printed paper from Docraft which I over stamped and inked the edges.  The butterfly and title plaque were cut from mount board, triple embossed in gold and then while the final layer was still molten a stamp was used to add texture to the butterfly and to add wording to the plaque which was mounted onto a Sue Wilson die cut from my oddments box.  The weather is looking lovely again today and I think I really should be getting outside and mowing the grass later on while it stays dry.

Background - printed paper from Docraft
Overstamping - Tim Holtz butterfly stamp and swirls using free stamps  from magazine
Butterfy die - Tim Holtz
Journal Words - stamp from Tim Holtz

Wednesday, 15 April 2015


This card is another of my demo samples and I would think it also qualifies for the Pixie Snippets challenge.  Normal embossing powder was used on this one with the ladybird stamp being used twice with black ink and clear embossed  on snippets of white card.  Two circles were punched from one of the images, coloured using alcohol marker and then placed over the original image using foam pads to raise them up a bit.  Two die cut ladybirds were added on a border (more oddments from my bits box) together with a doily and a computer greeting.

Stamp - Docrafts
Greeting - computer printed with Cuttlebug die cuts
Border - Cuttlebug die

Tuesday, 14 April 2015

I'm Still Here

I have been a bit remiss in not blogging as regularly as I'd like but have actually scanned some of the samples which I made for the recent demonstration days so should have a few things to show you.  I was demonstrating just some of the uses for embossing powders both ultra thick and the normal kind.  I wasn't able to get into using the Melt Pot though because they don't actually stock that item so restricted my demonstrations to just using the heat gun.  I was also asked to show some ways of using Distress inks  so you can imagine that my hands got somewhat 'coloured' throughout the day - thank goodness for baby wipes and kitchen roll - no way I could escape to join a queue for the 'facilities' to wash hands!!  I had made some card samples and also decorated the covers of a few purchased sketch books.  This one which is roughly A5 size had quite a large 'tile' cut out from offcuts of mountboard, sponged with Distress inks, overstamped with a bird cage stamp and some swirls around the edges.  Three layers of ultra thick powder were melted onto this to give a lovely enamelled effect. The background was a piece of card sponged with Distress inks in the same colours; Some more of the inks sponged through stencils;  overstamped with swirls and a bird; then some texture medium applied through a mask in areas to give it texture.  The wording was produced on the computer to fit into a die cut bookplate which I'd also coloured and heat embossed with three layers.

Stamps used - from Chocolate Baroque
Stencils /Masks - Tim Holtz and Special Touch
Distress inks pads - Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Seedless Preserve
Bookplate - from Tim Holtz die (large tag with two bookplates)