Pages

Sunday 11 October 2015

Pixie Snippets Week 199

For my Snippets card this week I've used some of the bits and pieces I came across during my not too enthusiastic tidying - still lots to sort out!!  I found some embossed aperture cards which came in an offer from Craftwork Cards ages ago and which had remained unused probably because I'd not decided what to do with them. To be honest I'd completely forgotten I had them!! I  die cut the front of one of the cards to make a frame which I then layered onto a snippet of left over background paper.  The rest of the elements were made from the back of the aperture card so that the whites matched up (something which can sometimes be a problem when using up bits).  The little scene was stamped onto a scrap and popped behind the aperture and then I die cut some ivy leaves for a bit of interest before adding a computer sentiment on a scrap of red card.


Embossed frame - cut from Craftwork Cards embossed aperture card
Stamps - World of Dreams Stampin' Up
Ivy Leaves - Sue Wilson dies
Sentiment - Stampin' Up oval punches

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Val
    thank you for entering the playground with your stunning card - Wow! where do I start... I love the embossing, the die cutting and how you have matched the pink on the image to the background paper - great job!
    Eve xx
    P.S I am looking for some volunteers to help me keep watch at the playground!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cards like that hanging around that I don't know what to do with. You pretty card really works Di. I like the way you've cut the ivy leaves out. A very clever idea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snippets card Val love your stamped image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Val. Really good use of the aperture card and love your stamped image.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great snippets card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Val, such a cute little image!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love this, the White ivy is great to frame the picture.

    ReplyDelete