Pages

Sunday 4 October 2015

Flowers for Pixie Snippets

Before I put away the stamps I used recently I decided to make another card for the Pixie Snippets challenge this week.  The background was embossed and the flowers stamped onto snippets of white card which in turn have been mounted onto some pale plum pieces from my bits boxes. I'm very fond of these colours but as I've had these bits for ages they may well have been discontinued - shame but they may well have been replaced by something similar.  The squares were first die cut and then the corners rounded off with a punch.  The butterfly has been die cut from another snippet as were the scalloped shapes for the computer generated wording.  As always there is a lovely prize on offer this week so well worth taking a look.


Stamps - Summer Silhouette Stampin' Up
Butterfly - Spellbinders die
Colours - Perfect Plum and Pale Plum (possibly discontinued)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Val, I love the colours you've used I know I have perfect plum but not sure about pale plum.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Val and perfect use of snippets too! Such a lovely effect you go from rounding the opposite corners of the squares - and lovely colours - of course I just love the stamps you used! Well done on being first onto the swings this week :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card and love the soft lavender shades.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card and I also love the colours you've used. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can still buy perfect plum, these colours are gorgeous, love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely snippet card, Val. I like the trick with the die-cut squares and those colours are gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete