Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Easy Shaped Card

I spotted a shaped card on my friend's blog - Jill Stamps Up - and decided to have a try at making one.  If you are interested in doing something similar there seem to be numerous tutorials and You Tube videos out there  - just Google 'framelits cards'.  When I met up with Jill at the weekend she showed me a magazine which was giving away a lovely set of free stamps and guess what - it jumped off the shelf at me yesterday when I popped into the newsagents. I've used just one of the stamps for this card and left the rest of it fairly plain as it was my first attempt at the shape but I can see that there are lots of possibilities for adding embellishments on the side panels and/or the central one too.  I must also thank my friend Anne for a brief explanation of how to cut this and I have a feeling one of these might just appear on her blog soon.



Sorry the photo isn't too good but couldn't scan this one to show the shape
Dies - Sizzix Framelits labels for Stampin' Up, oval Spellbinder die
Image - Stamp from Oscar and Pals free set with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine
Greeting - stamp from set cut with Bitty Banner die


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Val, I love the shape of this it's great.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val you didn't waste time making one of these lovely cards....I can see why you couldn't resist the little owl

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - glad I paid attention at training!
    Well done on using your new magazine stamps too - I must use mine!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Val. I had a Google , bug couldn't see any like this. Was it 3 dies you cut or am I wrong. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Val - must admit I never thought to use my framelits for shaped cards....

    ReplyDelete