I came across this background which I made a couple of years ago as a demonstration sample showing masking techniques. The stamp used was from a set by Docraft when they produced several 'build a flower' designs which contained a whole flower head image and several other stamps for as many layers of petals as you felt you'd like to colour and cut out. This is the 'build a rose' and I've just used the whole flower head stamped a few times onto post-it notes, cut out and used as masks to produce this background which was then sponged with distress ink. I then used some of my scraps to cut banners and stamped a rose design from Stampin'Up Best of Flowers collection. I must say this card is more cheerful than the weather today which is typical 'Bank Holiday grey' but it does look as if it might brighten later - fingers crossed.
Background - Docrafts Build a Rose stamp set
Image - Stampin'Up Best of Flowers collection
Banners - Sizzix dies for Stampin'Up
Shaped label - Sue Wilson die Californian basic frames - Creative Expressions