Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Bird Amongst the Flowers

I challenged myself yesterday to use a 'chicken wire' die cut which my friend Anne kindly gave me a while ago and after some thought I came up with the idea of making it the backdrop for some flowers.  I started by cutting a frame using Stampin' Up die (Framelits Labels) which I then embossed using a folder from Couture Creations; another shape was cut and embossed for the backing before I sandwiched the 'chicken wire' between the two layers.  Backing paper was a leftover piece from a Prima pad and a border strip was punched (EK Success).  When I was at the Extravaganza Day we used the SU bird punch which made me realise I'd not used mine for such a long time, so inspired by that I've used a punched bird to sit in the flowers which were stamped with Petite Petals set which we also received on the day.  There is a punch to match these flower stamps but unfortunately I don't have it yet so they were cut out wish scissors - leaves were cut with a Tattered Lace Die.  This all took quite a time to assemble but I'm pleased to have made use of the gift die cut.  I'm wondering now if I should have used brown for the bird, but I didn't really want to introduce another colour but I think he might have shown up more if I had.




6 comments:

  1. really pretty make and love the bird nestled in the flowers x Sorry I am playing catch up with commenting again!trying hard to get back into it! trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Val, the bird looks like it's nesting in the flowers.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Val, love the colour, such a pretty card :0)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always hard to decide until you see the whole completed I find….. I do like the mauve colours & your idea of sandwiching the chicken wire has worked beautifully to provide a trellis frame for your flowers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the chicken wire die cut Val. Looks really effective, just like trellis in the garden - and I like how your bird is nestling in the flowers.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula and Karen both echo my thought about the chicken wire die cut looking like trellis for your flowers. The little bird looks very comfy there!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete