Saturday, 17 August 2013

Mischievous Mice

The card I'm sharing today is one sent recently to a lovely online friend who occasionally has mischievous creatures on her keyboard making typos - I'm not mentioning any names as that would be unkind but thankfully she saw the joke!!  There seems to be no end to the lovely images around of these sweet House Mouse characters - something for every occasion I'd say.  A Fiskars border punch and some card candy were used.

Thursday, 15 August 2013


This card is for the second challenge on The Male Room blog which started recently - they had such a lot of entries for their first one which was brilliant for them and hopefully they will do equally well this time around. This time the theme is REFLECTIONS and my image was produced using Craft Artist.  It started out as a black line drawing with a transparent background which meant I was able to colour it digitally (needed a steady hand with the mouse though) and then I composed it into a reflection picture with a sea background. The 'ships wheel' is a Sizzix die cut (cogs really) and the wave-like border is a Lea'bilities die.

Wednesday, 14 August 2013


The challenge at Make My Monday this week is to add some dimension to the project.  I've done this in a fairly simple way with multiple layers.  The embossed panel has some red gilding  wax added to highlight the texture; the next layer had texture paste applied through a stencil mask. then coloured with Distress ink; the car was from Creative Expressions stamped and embossed; fancy metal brads rubbed with gilding wax were added to the wheels.   I finally added a couple of tickets and a bow tied with some pieces of red waxed cord left from making a bracelet (knew it was worth saving them!!).

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

House of Cards Challenge

We are into the second week of the August challenge at House of Cards, still with the sketch provided and this week it is the CLEAN AND SIMPLE style they are looking for.  Luckily I still had a few of the Heartfelt Creations daisies on my desk so I've used them with scraps of cream and green card to make this card in the CAS style. Cream lattice border was cut with an EK Success punch and the computer sentiment is poppped onto a Spellbinders fancy tag die cut.  Not much more to say about this  but do take a look at their design team inspiration by following the link and maybe have a go yourself.

Monday, 12 August 2013

Sunday Stamper - Green Onions

Why green onions?  Well I'm not sure but this is the title of the Sunday Stamper challenge from Hels who is asking for something GREEN to include stamping of course.  I had another gelli plate background which I made yesterday so have used this along with an image from Crafty Individuals I'd stamped on acetate ages ago and which came to the surface during my recent desk tidying efforts.  The reverse of this has been coloured using alcohol inks, then it was adhered to some white card before layering onto black.  Again I didn't want to cover up too much of the background so simply added a punched border and a die cut greeting so quite a simple card but it is GREEN.   (no onions!!)

Edit -

I've just remembered now that Hels usually gives a song title as her theme each week so guess that's where the onions come in - don't know that one I must say.

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Quintiles for August

It is Quintile time again for the swap at Chocolate Baroque - for anyone who may not know, a quintile is a piece of art which is five inches square and because they need to be posted it was suggested they should be kept reasonably flat.  The theme this month had me in somewhat of a quandary because in fact there was no theme -'free choice' we were told with the usual proviso of using Chocolate Baroque stamps and/or products purchased from them.  I think this month has proved beyond doubt that I have way too many of their stamp sets as well ink pads and other forms of colouring along with CDs, papers, dies and so on - you get the picture I'm sure; but what to use??  Not long ago I purchased a gelli plate from them and thought I would use that to make the tiles before deciding which stamps etc to use.  I had a session of dabbling with acrylic paints and the gelli along with various masks, crumpled paper and so on until I had a reasonable selection of coloured backgrounds.  Below are my two final results and I have a few more usable backgrounds to play with for something else.

A long post today, sorry - details below each picture

Background made by adding gold paint to the plate and removing some of it with crumpled copy paper before pulling a print.  (not my idea, I saw this demonstrated by Barbara Grey on TV).  Once dry it was sponged with Distress ink which of course has been resisted by the gold and has coloured the card (originally white).
Image - CB stamp from Lily Pad clear set, paper pieced flowers and lanterns.
Background overstamping - CB stamps from Moonlit Waterfall clear set

For this one I added yellow paint to the plate, then used a mask from Special Touch for the first print, added blue paint to the plate and used a Glimmer Mist butterfly mask before pulling the final print.  I quite liked this result so didn't want to cover up too much of it.
Sentiment -  CB stamp from Live out Loud set
Butterfly - CB stamp from UA4SP0236 set