Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

Patchwork Cushion

Well it is a little milder this weekend but has been raining steadily ever since around 10am so not all good.  Today I'm sharing with you another of the samples I made for my recent stitchery demonstrations using various Clover templates.  I spent quite a while thinking of different of using the little puffy circles obtained by using the Suffolk Puff (also known as yo-yo) template and this cushion was just one of them - there are one or two other items not quite finished but I will get them done and share them another day.  This cusion was made from lots of odd scraps of fabric cut into squares and stitched together.  I then added a yo-yo to alternate squares with some miscellaneous buttons from my (large) mountain of odd buttons. I am trying really hard to use up oddments in all departments of my crafting but the mountains don't shrink by much!!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hopefully the weather is better for some of you than it is here.


5 comments:

  1. Love this to bits!!! So colourful and cheerful, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful colourful cushion Val. I like the suffolk puffs, they're really different.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has certainly brightened up my day - the alternate puffs work beautifully with the various patterns you have in the other squares: quite some nifty matching of colours which I just love.
    Wet & dull here - trip to Cardiff very wet indeed.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see your wonderfully cheerful cushion on this wet and miserable day Val. It's lovely. I'm sure all the oddments multiple overnight.......that's the only answer!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cushion Val, what a great way of using up oddments of material:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete