Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Owl Shopping Bag

Well I've started unpacking my bags from the show and managed a quick photo of this owl shopping bag which I made.  It occurred to me that the Suffolk Puffs would make good eyes for an owl so I set about drawing a design so that I could applique it onto some plain fabric to make into a lightweight bag. The pieces were applied to the background using Bondaweb and then buttonhole stitched around by hand before making and adding the dimensional eyes.  Must get on now with the rest of the unpacking because I have a commission card to make today as well - all go here but it keeps me out of mischief!!


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely bag Val and his eyes look great using Suffolk Puffs and he's certainly a lovely colourful owl

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, bright, colourful bag Val, I don't know what suffolk puffs are but the look great as eyes.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab bag Val and I too am no the wiser regarding suffolk puffs but they look good. Sounds more like something to eat:) You sound as if you had a very successful demo stint at Yandles.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag, your eyes on your lovely owl look realy good. Great picture of your beavering away. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was indeed a fab owl in the flesh, the eyes were really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super seeing the pic of you & I love your caterpillar on the table. I've never heard of the Clover templates but I can well see how busy you've been. Well done with causing so many sales - that's definitely the way to do it for I've seen that happen before. If one shows 'Joe-Public' what to do he'll often go & buy the tools.
    Take care & hope you have some rest & time for yourself too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely idea for the puffs as eyes - makes a great bag! I was given a suffolk puff brooch a couple of years ago, which is very effective too. great photo of you working hard, by the way, very impressive display

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful owl with fantastic eyes Val. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete