Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Blue Birds

A bit of hybrid crafting here with some of the elements being created using Docrafts Digital Designer programme.  The backing papers, ribbon and bow were printed as was the image - all arranged on the screen and then separated out for printing so that I could make up the card in the traditional way.  A Spellbinders shape was used along with a strip of embossed card as a border for the printed ribbon and bow. The sentiment was produced on the computer and punched out.  The actual image was a black and white one but I altered the colours within the software to tie in with the rest of the design.  Working out designs on the screen is a great way of being able to just print papers and other elements at just the right size, thus saving on ink and also not ending up with loads of scraps of printed papers - as you know I have a mountain of those already!!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val and like all the elements that make up your image especially the sweet birds and fabulous the bow...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blue card Val, and I like that you've put it together like a traditional card. And as you say by sizing everything it saves paper and space (the storing of scraps being done away with).

    Of now to see what I can come up with for this months quintiles.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely piece of designing with all the colours working beautifully together. I love the hints of pink I see too. I'm totally at a loss when it comes to any of this digital printing & resizing.
    Hope you're managing some rest after all the weekend busyness.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Val. I love how you have put it all to-gether. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, I love the colour and those little birds. I like doing things digitly, like you say you can make everything the size you want and the colours you want. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete