Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Covered Notebook

I really must apologise yet again to my followers and friends for my lack of blogging - 'things' seem to have been ganging up on me one way and another, culminating with my car breaking with a resounding bang and I'm debating with myself whether I should give up driving or get something to replace it and keep going.  Anyway you don't want to hear about my problems and I have been visiting blogs but sadly not always finding the time to leave comments.  I've also been doing a bit more stitching rather than making cards and I thought I'd show you a little covered notebook made from some cute fabric available in my local shop and a scrunched flower motif made using a clever Clover template.  Not exactly rocket science but it is a handy little slip on cover so that when the notebook is full it can be replaced with another one (I bought 5 for £1 recently - bargain I reckon).


11 comments:

  1. Hi Val. sorry you're having a rough time of it, hope things work out soon. I'm glad you found time to post this lovely book cover... I was beginning to worry :)
    take care
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Val, I've missed you. A great cover on the note book and would make great address book covers as well.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright and cheerful slip on cover Val ..great idea for little pressie too.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Val, Nice to have you back. Life gets in the way sometimes and most of us have been there. I love the idea of a removable cover and the fabric you have used is really pretty. Take Care. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean Val about life events ganging up against you, I hope things improve for you soon
    I love your notebook cover its lovely and bright and cheerful

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful idea & I love the way that little scrunched flower picks up the red of your edging & the red in the very cheery patterned fabric. The button is lovely touch. Do take care with all that you have going on.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely book cover Val, the flower is so pretty! I was wondering where you were, sorry to hear about your car:(
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this very much Val, it is gorgeous and also gives me that memory for when we were little covering school books to ensure they lasted longer. Sorry life is being mean at the moment, hope things turn better soon, so sending hugs. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your notebook is lovely and clever work too ! I like decorating note pads and books. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award and hope it's OK. Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stitched projects Val so thank you for sharing them with us. This is lovely and how nice it would be taking that out of your handbag to jot something down when out and about. I'm sure folk would be quite envious.

    Sorry to read of the car problems. I have to say at the moment the thought of not having a car would depress me big time. I love the independence and freedom it gives me but I'm sure the time is not be too far away when we might have to reconsider :(

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Val, defo a bargain and a lovely way to use lovely fabric.
    Hope you soon sort out our car prob - I know what you mean life getting in the way of crafting! ikki x

    ReplyDelete