Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Two Birds with One Stone

No - not literally, I wouldn hurl stones at the two birds here (or any other birds for that matter)!! This week the challenge on Make My Monday is to 'add a charm' and as I also have two Quintiles to make on a Valentine theme for the Chocolate Baroque February swap I've managed to combine the two themes on this one.  The background is a beautiful love letters download from CB printed onto gold lustre paper; the heart is a CB stamp which I embossed and then coloured with twinkling H2Os; the 'love' word is one of their stamps also.  The bow was cut from some of the left over backing paper using a die-namics die; birdcage charm was from my stash and the little lovebirds were cut using a Memory Box die.  Do take a look at the MMM challenge blog to see what their design team have offered us for inspiration. I'm now working on another Valentine themed quintile so that I can pop them both in the post to meet the deadline.


9 comments:

  1. Just love your card Val...your little bird cage and birds are sweet...your heart looks stunning coloured with H2O's and have I spotted a new die...the bow one? Love it!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Val, and great when you can combine a couple of challenges together.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you edged your bow with the red to tie in with the wording. The gold lustre paper looks intriguing & super as a background for the charm & that lovely heart stamp.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a smashing heart, must have a play with my H2Os, still my preferred colouring. Your embellishments are fab as is the background. Great card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card and the birdcage and birds are so sweet. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! LOVE that amazing heart and your die cut bow and charm are perfect accents! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Val - that heart is stunning. Super cute birdcage charm as well.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Val. The heart is very effective - love the colour of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Val, this is lovely. I love that heart design (never got round to using mine I don't think) and you've co-ordinated it beautifully with your paint colour. The backing paper is gorgeous too and the pretty charm and lovebirds sets the whole thing off.
    Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this in the swap.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete