Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

Getting Inky

I had a lovely time yesterday getting inky and making the background for this card using distress inks and water stamping with the addition of some Twinkling H2Os.  Once dry there was some overstamping with versamark, embossed with glittery silver also used to emboss the stamped flowers which were coloured with H2Os and cut out.  This was inspired while watching demonstrations on C & C by Sheena - I just knew I had some flower stamps (from Tanda) which could produce something similar to one of her demonstrations.  I really can't recall when I last used the H2O paints but it was good to bring them out of retirement and I was pleased to see they've not deteriorated at all in storage.


11 comments:

  1. Wow Val this is gorgeous... and like you I haven't used twinkling H20's for.. .well seems like forever.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you didn't need those Sheena stamps after all did you? Love your embossing, Like your flowers and your touch of glitz a really lovely 'Sheena' type card that you have created.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card val, you have inspired me to look out my h2o's and have a play. I've been watching Sheena too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Val, this is lovely and vibrant. I saw the demo also and you've recreated it great.
    What a productive week you've had.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just been playing about with water stamping too - intriguing technique & I love the way you got the background hinting at the shimmery colour of the decoupaged flowers. I have a vast collection of H20s which I desperately want to use - need more time which the elves are still playing havoc with.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Val, love those flowers, gorgeous shimmer!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. another lovely one Val - nice springlike feel again too! My H2Os are lasting well too, but am feeling the urge to get some more after watching Sheena...............

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this one Val. You've really created your very own Shelia style masterpiece in your own special way. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Sheena's demo too Val .. this is so pretty I LOVE green. My friend Sheila is coming over today to play .. H2o's coming out ... with some salt ! lol
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had my H20s for years too Val and they are still perfect. I don't use them often enough. I saw some of Sheena's show and great that it inspired you to create this lovely card. The stamped image with the decoupaged flowers is really beautiful as is the stunning background.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Val, the colours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete