Saturday, 1 September 2012

Kumihimo Braid Bracelet

Another bracelet made using a length of Kumihimo braid which I made using shiny rat-tail cord with the addition of a little crystal and heart charm.  Not much more to say about this really apart from saying that I enjoyed making it and it matches a necklace which I designed and made recently.

Thursday, 30 August 2012

Anything Goes

The challenge this month at Funky Hand is Anything Goes so the only requirement is to use at least one Funky Hand paper or image. For this card I've used a backing paper, digital stamp image and sentiment from their Steamfunk download, together with a scrap of card embossed using a Cuttlebug clocks and cogs  folder, some bakers' twine and a watch charm.  Once I'd decided what to do this was a relatively quick card to put together. It is worth popping along to their blog to see what the design team members have been making with Funky Hand products this month.

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Going for Gold

Going for Gold is the theme of the challenge on the St Luke's Charity blog for August and there's just about time to enter if you've not done so already - I'm running late as usual!!   Obviously they had the Olympics in mind and were looking for a sporty slant to the cards.  I must say I don't seem to have a great deal of sports related stuff in my stash but thinking outside the box I decided to use this cute Diggity Dog image from Papermania, adding some gold Glitter dust on the cup.  There is just a bit of 3D with the pup and the rosette.

Do take a look at how their design team have interpreted this theme - there is a prize on offer too which has to be good don't you think?

Tuesday, 28 August 2012


Today's card is a result of a bit of a play with some haberdashery elements from various sources.  The dress form is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque and it has been stamped and paper pieced using a scrap of Tim Holtz shabby vintage paper; the backing paper is from Prima Nature Garden collection (no connection with haberdashery but I thought the design was just right); the strip of lace is another CB stamp from a lovely set with lots of lace; the tape measure, cotton reels and saying are from a Creative Expressions vintage sewing collection; the scissors cut with a Marianne die and finally the buttons were made using a Sizzix embosslits die from Stampin' Up. Apart from the background paper,  everything on this card  was made with odd pieces from my scrap boxes.

I hope everyone had a good Bank Holiday weekend despite the horrible weather (a good enough reason to stay in playing with ink and stamps) - of course the sun is shining from a blue sky this morning!!

Monday, 27 August 2012

Simply Stampin' Challenge 74

Simply Stampin challenge this week is a colour one using pink, coral, olive and vanilla - I don't think I'd have thought of putting pink with the coral myself but then that's what challenges are all about - moving out of the comfort zone sometimes.

I've had to improvise a bit because the only colour I actually had from Stampin' Up was the Old Olive but I did manage to find colours near to the others either in my stash or from the scraps box.  Background paper is from a pad which has lost its cover so no idea of the source, the layers were cut from scraps of card using SU Sizzix framelits dies and stamping was done using the matching Apothecary Art set.  An Edgelits die was used to cut the wavy border and the computer sentiment cut with SU punches.  Flowers were from my oddments boxes with added punched centres and leaves were cut using the Bird on a Branch punch - so useful these leaves.

Sunday, 26 August 2012

Another Bracelet

Yesterday I met up with some friends and one of them showed me some bracelets which she'd bought at a folk festival.  Because I work with beads she thought I'd be interested and she was so righ although they were a bit different from my usual beading which is done with needle and thread..  There were three different designs and I did my best to remember them until I could get home and have a go to see if I could make something similar.  This is one of the designs which I've done in micro macrame and it really is micro because the cube beads are only 4mm, the round ones even smaller and of course they have tiny holes so I had to use a fine cord which is S-lon which I found a bit slippery to knot but got there in the end.  Now I have to try and work on one of the other designs before I forget what it looked like.