Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Make My Monday challenge 36

We are still on a general theme of romance for February on Make My Monday but this week the 'added extra' is die cut hearts/flowers.  I'm a bit disappointed with the scan of this card because for some reason (and it often happens) the toning green card I used for some of the components has come out looking very pale turquoise blue - grrr!  Background paper was printed from Chocolate Baroque Essence of Nature CD and the main image is from Fragrant Honeysuckle which one of their new stamp sets - image was coloured using Coloursoft Pencils. The Top Note die was cut from pearlescent GREEN card and embossed with flowers.  The GOLD hearts were cut using Marianne dies and the sentiment was produced on the computer, punched out and layerd up on matching punched shapes.  The little butterflies were cut  from the left over scraps using a Sizzix embosslits die from Stampin Up.

Monday, 13 February 2012

Simply Stampin Challenge 46

The people over on the Simply Stampin challenge blog have given us a sketch to follow this week - I do like a nice sketch and here it is
 For my card I decided to have a floral theme and started with the main image by stamping a background using the large En Francais text stamp onto some white card followed by flowers and leaves from Greenhouse Garden and A Rose is a Rose which are both two-step stamp sets..  This was then embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder, trimmed to size and sponged around the edge.  The papers and card are all from Stampin Up and some of their punches were used for the border, sentiment etc.  The two flowers on the bottom corner were from Vintage Vogue with touches of  Fresh Vintage and some pearls. Ink colours used were Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi.

Sunday, 12 February 2012

D is for Daisy

Here is my tag for the letter D as promised - I didn't have as many items written down for this letter but I chose to use a stamp set from Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) which I've had a long time.  I stamped the main image onto a die cut tag and the little tag  from the set on a piece of spare card using Memento ink.  The daisies were coloured with Polychromos pencils.  I then stamped again on masking paper and cut out the two daisies so that I could sponge the surrounding area with Distress ink.  I added a tiny D for dragonfly charm to the ribbon and that's it for this month. I'm so looking forward to receiving my swaps and to seeing the gallery of pictures.  Next month there are three tags to think about so I should start earlier to get them done in time but first I need to have a major tidy up  because the naughty imps have been creating havoc in my craft room - AGAIN!!!