Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

Noel

How often is it that a card I'm in the middle of working on actually fits a challenge by chance - not often I can assure you but today seems to be my lucky day because this one fits not one but two challenges. I thought it was time I started on a few special Christmas cards (late I know) and when I looked at Hels Sheridan's blog this morning NOEL is the theme of her stamping challenge this week so that one fits and also this week the Make My Monday challenge is to use a favourite flower.  I'm using a bit of licence here because I wouldn't say the poinsettia is my all time favourite but it certainly is my favourite for this time of the year; throw in a bit of steampunk and there's another favourite.  I just hope I'm in time posting for last Monday's challenge.

I started off by colouring some white card using Distress stains (Aged Mahogany and Antique Bronze) and I also did another piece of card using Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany to use for the background and sentiment.  The stamps used are from Chocolate Baroque Steampunk Christmas set which I just love and the flowers were stamped onto the card with metallic stain included, embossed with gold powder and cut out.  The NOEL was stamped onto the plainer card and I overstamped the background with poinsettias and snowflakes. All that remains now is to make a nice insert and that is one of my special cards ready to send off - a few more to go so will have to get a move on!!


Would you believe I missed the post for Make My Monday - will definitely have to do better this week

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous Val, Love the gold embossing it looks Sumptuous!
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIke your steampunk syle stamp Val and what a great card..love your background stamping and your flower just finishes off your card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the victorian velvet with the gold embossing Val, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're ahead of me - I'm still working on the last but one tag. I think your artistic licence is quite permissible at this time of year. I have rather a weakness for these flowers at Christmas & seem to collect all kinds of stamp images of them.
    Love the way you tied all this together with your background stamping.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Val and I'm sure you are allowed some artistic license. Like you it's not my all time favourite flower but it is my favourite at this time of year

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love that poinsettia and the colours are just lush... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colours on this Val - shame about missing the deadline though! You're still ahead of me with the Christmas cards though, will really have to get a move on there, even if only to the supermarket before the halfway decent ones have all gone..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Val, shame about missing the deadline with MMM, you could enter it into My time To Craft though, their challenge this week is non traditional colours, and this would fit it perfectly.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of a steampunk poinsettia Val! What a great card. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame you missed the Make My Monday challenge Val but this card is perfect for Hels' Sunday Stamper. It's lovely and I loved the steampunk poinsettia when I was on the CB DT. Last week was the first time I've joined Hels' challenge (in fact it was only the 2nd time I've joined any challenge, lol) and when I saw the theme for this week I thought it was a good reason to join in again because I really MUST get some cards made. Guess which stamps came to mind? You got it .............. the same ones you've used, lol! It's the Noel that does it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card love the colour. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete