Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Another Tag

This is the other tag and this was made using the reflection technique from Tim Holtz.  A tag was cut out in acetate and coloured using alcohol inks, I then used stamps from Chocolate Baroque Christmas reflections on the inked side using black archival ink which was then removed leaving a clear impression in the colour - clever or what??  The acetate tag was then adhered to another one cut in white card. I added an embossed border together with a pine branch (Marianne die) textured with a Sizzix embossing folder - the bird was one which I'd stamped and gold embossed a while ago and not used so I simply turned him into a robin with a little bit of red Copic pen.  I have enjoyed following the progress of his 12 tags which he has done for several years now but I think this is the first time I've ever had a go.


10 comments:

  1. like this one Val - still haven't got around to trying any of the techniques, but enjoyed seeing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely tag Val. I liked the look of this technique, but haven't tried any of them. Still there is always next year. I'm going to start earlier in 2012, like January.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great tag and again totally different...well done for making them.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val love your tag not tried that techneque yet. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to revisit many of those techniques - there was so much to take in but your tag has reminded me. I love that little robin of yours & the way the alcohol colours you used pick up on the red breast.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brill. He has some great techniques doesn't he xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great tag Val - you're on a roll here!!! Just finished off my batch Christmas card making - all sent (until I remember someone I forgot........ ooops)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Val, you've been very busy since I last managed to 'drop in'! Lots of beautiful makes my favourite being your card for the CB White Christmas challenge. It's lovely! Well done too on your three tags - great takes on Tim's tags and techniques. wonder if we will have a quiet run up to next Christmas so I can have a go at one or two, lol!

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my post today. This last couple of weeks has been so hectic and I am sure I won't be ready for them all coming down at Christmas. Never mind, they're not fussy thank goodness ;).

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your tag is beautiful Val, a much better job than mine. I thought of these reflection stamps when I saw his tag but don`t own them alas. x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete