Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Make My Monday week 18

A new month of challenges on Make My Monday and this time the theme is autumn with an added twist this first week to use a resist technique.  I've used a piece of Tim Holtz kraft resist paper for the background and sponged with two colours of distress ink to show up the resist effect on the swirls. The text  and the little acorns are from a stamp set by Stampin Up. The large leaves were cut using a Spellbinders leaf die, sponged with the same distress inks for the autumnal colour - fired brick and spiced marmalade with a touch of butterscotch.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card and lovely sentiment.. I particularly like the acorns.
    Great that you continue to join Make My Monday.
    Suzi B zz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Aurumn card Val...Like the big leaf die and also the acorns and leaves, the sentiment goes with this card so well

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card, love all the differnt elements you have incorporated to achieve the autumnal effect. Great to see you at Make My Monday week after week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Val - love the way you've used the Kraft resist...... I've got a pad but haven't used it yet. These colours are so autumnal........ and so's the weather today!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous card Val. love the background and leaves and that's a lovely sentiment too.
    Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday again and wishing you good luck.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried the TH Kraft resist papers so shall keep an eye out for those. Love your colours on this & that is a very striking embellishment with those inked leaves.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very beautiful, I love

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely - gorgeous colours and perfect composition. Thanks for joining in again at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Val and using my favourite colours too. The Kraft resist paper looks gorgeous and I'm feeling very guilty because I've had mine since Spring and not used a scrap of it yet, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete