Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Make My Monday challenge week 19

First of all I must apologise for my lack of blogging this week - the days just seem to be disappearing and I've not been able to keep up, but at least I'm now on the last leg of a quilt which I seem to have been making forever. I just have to hem around the binding and it is finished - hooray.

 However today I did manage to make this card for the Make My Monday challenge which this month is on an Autumnal theme with trees for this week's topic. This was made entirely using Stampin Up stamps and cardstock from my stash

Background - French foliage set stamped with Big and Juicy ink pad - Spice
Main image - Oak Tree from Lovely as a Tree and text from French Foliage - on a SU Sizzix Top Note
Oak leaves - from Lovely as a Tree, cut out and layered
Acorns - from Touch of Nature
Sentiment - from Happy Moments stamped onto a punched label (Four Frames set)
Green textured card - embossed with SU Sizzix Square Lattice folder

The green card is actually a much nicer colour than it shows on the scan and tones nicely with the rest of the card.

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Val, love the way you mixed the stamp sets- and really autumnal colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Val... love it! Thank you for joining Make My Monday
    Congratulations on being in the top three last week Well deserved!!
    Suzi B xx
    Glad you like my Kitten... she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Autumn card Val...I see you have used one of your new stamp sets...like your layout too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours & I just love that oak tree & the acorns.
    Paula (PEP)
    I'm impressed by the variety of crafts you get involved in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! A fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Val. Love the different shapes on your layout and the tree and acorns look fabulous.
    Thanks for taking part in this weeks Make My Monday challenge and good luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! Must feel good to be finishing your quilt! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a great day. Nbest, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card and with some of my favourite Stampin' Up stamps! Thanks for joining in again with the Make My Monday challenge - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely use of colours in your card, it's Fab.

    Congrats on your Top 3 at Make My Monday

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, elegant card Val.... Are you going to show us the finished quilt? Thanks for the support and comments you give my blog X I found a stamp that (almost) fits the TH tickets die .... so thanks for your help with that too!

    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, I love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - this is FABULOUS!!! Great texture! LOVE your card! Have a nice week-end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card, I love that tree. Thanks for joining in over on Make My Monday.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card - I love the graduated colours and the way you've combined Lovely as a Tree and French Foliage - two of my favourite stamps sets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another lovely card, I love the colour choices and elements, especially the acorns. Caz

    ReplyDelete