Pages

Friday 21 October 2011

Advent Calendar

While this Advent calendar wasn't especially quick to make it was very enjoyable and the instructions are available from the lovely Jenny of Stamping Moments if you think you'd like to make one.  It is made on a canvas approximately 9" x 12" which I painted with gold acrylic paint and spritzed with Glimmer Mist using some masks (not much of this actually shows) but it is better than a plain white canvas. The 25 boxes with hinged lids are made using various Stampin Up punches and are about one inch deep which doesn't show up on the photo but they are large enough to hold a nice chocolate treat of some kind.  I didn't follow Jenny's insructiions to the letter because I didn't have all the correct punches but managed to improvise by using circles to hold the numbers which were cut with X-cut dies as were the letters for the heading. I might just have to keep it for myself because I'm not sure I have enough spare time to make a couple more for the family (have to treat them alike of course).


5 comments:

  1. What a great project Val, it looks super. I must go and take a look at the instructions, not sure that I have time to make one though.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan & I have both just spotted your calendar you had made an excellent job.....


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you have made a great job of your calender. Don't know if I have the patience to make one. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete