Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011

Anniversary Card

I was asked to make a Golden Wedding Aniversary card recently and for this I printed a background paper onto gold pearlised paper from Decadent Brocade CD and stamped and gold embossed two hearts using Damask Hearts stamps - both products from Chocolate Baroque.  A piece of toning card was embossed using a heart Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sprayed with gold Glimmer Mist..  Sentiment and the number  were produced on the computer.  I've been a bit quiet on the blog this week because I've  been concentrating on playing catch-up with a mystery quilt project which I should have started in January when we had the first set of instructions and I purchased the fabric.  Thankfully I am almost there now and will take a photograph when it is completed.

5 comments:

  1. love those damask hearts too - good luck with the quuilt, it is doing better than the journal kit i bought last year, which is still untouched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely anniversary card Val...its a shame the gold doesn't show up better...They will love the card


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Val another great card the lucky couple will love it.
    I thought I'd "lost" this stamp plate the other day... but it turned up exactly where it should've been! I just didn't see it... you know how it is :))

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Val, and I'm sure that in real life it looks even better. You've reminded me that I have Glimmer Mists in the cupboard. Looking forward to seeing your quilt when it's finished.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Lovely anniversary card. Love the hearts. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete