Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

Smell the Flowers

We are having some much needed rain at the moment and it looks as if it here for the day which is a shame on a Sunday but we cannot choose our weather.  I went to a tatting workshop yesterday which was great - it was a technique I taught myself back in the seventies so it was good to be reminded of it and to get back into having a go.  I made a little butterfly and started on a bookmar but need to practise a bit more to get the tension right.  Today I'm off to a Bead Fair so possibly a bit of retail therapy - did I say possibly?? 

This card is made using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die to make the rosette flowers; the centres were put through a dotty embossing folder; the leaves are from a Marianne die and the background used an embossing folder and was then brushed over with some distress ink to emphasise the pattern.  The sentiment was produced on the computer.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card Val, I like the way the flowers are made too. Hope you had a good day at the bead fair, just what was needed on a day like today.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi val, love the flower, i don't have this die... it's on the list thoughh:)
    My car is going to be ok... only a minor £59.00 problem! whew! I'm a bit of a wooz when it comes to my car :))
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete