Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

Bah Humbug challenge 22

The challenge at Bah Humbug this week is 'surprise, surprise' - we could either surprise them with a design of our own choice or produce something with a hidden surprise.  While I was thinking this over and trying to decide what to do I remembered that when my friend Anne  and I met up for a coffee earlier this year she showed me something which she had made last Christmas and I thought this would be just the thing.  At the time I found the image for the face online somewhere but afraid I can't remember where.  I worked out the measurements for the wrapper by measuring the bar of chocolate - yes the surprise is a sweet treat inside this snowman.  At least there was a bar inside when I took the picture Lol!!  I then made the image the right size to fit using My Craft Studio and just glued the wrapper around the bar.  The little hat was made from a scrap of fleece fabric which I just happened to have around (I managed to find it too which is a surprise in itself!!).  I hope you like it and it was a change from making cards.

10 comments:

  1. love it what a inventive idea - I'm sure you will be in with a chance in this challenge best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, just right for all those little kids and big kids alike. I'll have to remember this one.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Val - and just how long did the bar of chocolate last in the snowman????? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea , he's so cute. The chocolate wouldn't last long if I had it. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Val....your snowman is great... it's lovely to share ideas and nice to see you've actually made one....easy aren't they!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val.. Sorry I haven't called much lately :(
    I love this idea... is the chocolate still inside?
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW Val!
    I love this idea for a Xmassy chocolate wrap and your addition of a fleecy hat is absolute genius! Might HAVE to make some of these as an alternative to the 'poo bags' I made last Christmas. Don't want everyone to get bored with the same thing every year lol! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic idea - love it - the hat just makes it perfect.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well how fab is this? VERY

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab idea, very creative I love it, Hugs Wendy, xx Bah Humbug GDT

    ReplyDelete