Pages

Friday 8 April 2011

Forgotten Friday 11

A couple of years ago I bought quite a number of canvasses, only decorated a couple and the remainder have lain on the shelf ever since until this week when I cut out this butterfly using a Tim Holtz die.  I'd not really realised quite how large this butterfly is and as I wanted to combine it with some other die cut and embossed elements I decided using a canvas was the way to go.  I'm doing a couple of days demonstrating with the Big Shot and thought this could be one of my samples as well as qualifying for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge this week so two birds with one stone as they say. The layers of the butterfly are glossy card with alcohol ink with a top layer of Core-dinations card which has been sanded to show the core. Background was coloured with Distress inks and stamped with various grasses etc from Elusive Images (now known as Chocolate Baroque).  The larger flower was cut from card using Tim Holtz tattered flowers die, then embossed and sponged with ink; the other flower is a crumpled one made from brown parcel paper spritzed with Glimmer Mist.

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely piece Val, lots of fabulous elements. That butterfly is large, isn't it? However, it makes a great focal point for your canvas. Thanks for joining in my Forgotten Friday post again this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this canvas Val. I think I will have to keep my eyes open for a couple and have a go. I like how the weather has us all reaching for the summer colours. Hope it stays like it now!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Val and lovely to see something different. That butterfly die is huge eh?

    ReplyDelete