Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

Forgotten Friday 7

The card I've made for the Forgotten Friday challenge this week uses a 'forgotten technique'.  I was reminded of this earlier in the week when I got together with three other crafty friends and one of them  (thanks Janet) told us about a way of using cling film with the lovely images which often appear on serviettes.  This is instead of using mod podge which is how I've done it before and as well as taking ages to dry it has a strange smell and can be messy.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the right brand of cling film yet so I resorted to using a piece of Bondaweb instead which also works but would work out more expensive than using cling film.  Background paper is from Papermania and I added some black lace and a scrunched flower made from brown wrapping paper, sprayed with Glimmer Mist.  Greeting was composed on the computer, cut out using Stampin Up punches and the leaves were cut using a Marianne die.  Judith had made a flower using brown paper - thanks - I'd not have thought of that but it is effective.

3 comments:

  1. Great card Val...love the vintage look and that brown paper flower.....must see if my cling film works!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely! I like the stamo and the technique. These flowers work out well, don't they? Thanks for joing in my Forgotten Friday post again, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very chic1... have you seen how long her neck is? :)
    what is the technique Val ... I have never used Mod podge or bondaweb...(truth be known don't know what they are :(...)
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete