The challenge at Bah Humbug this week is stars and I really had to scratch around to find stars - I have lots of snowflakes but a bit short on stars (or so I thought). However after a search I found this background paper with stars and the cute penguin with a starry hat on a Polkadoodles CD, I added a scrap of other paper from my oddments box, some green Papermania ribbon and a die cut glitter star. The words were made on the computer and cut out with a nestabilities die. Glitter snow was added to the penguin's hat and I found a little Christmas tree sticker with a star on top.
Friday, 24 September 2010
Wednesday, 22 September 2010
I spotted this bracelet in the current issue of Bead magazine and just had to have a go. I've been wanting to make something in this style for ages but never quite got around to it - you know how it is!! I have to say it wasn't exactly difficult but quite fiddly as once started there are so many little places where the thread can catch as you go along so I had to be careful to ensure that there were no unwanted loops of thread each time it was pulled through the beads. I like the finished article and it was worth the slight frustration involved. I just might have to make one in another colour scheme now.
Monday, 20 September 2010
The challenge this week at Bah Humbug is Text and I seem to have gone into text overload with this card!! The background paper is from Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD and I've used two sizes of Nestabilities - one with the message which is a stamp by Elusive Images and the other was cut from card which had been sprayed with glimmer mist and then run through the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug text embossing folder. I finally added a poinsettia cut from the same sprayed card using a Quickcutz die. The gold on the glimmer misted card doesn't show up as well on the scan as in reality.
Sunday, 19 September 2010
A quick post this morning as I'm off to teach a bead class - fortunately my toothache has reduced to a slight niggle and most of the swelling has subsided although the jaw and chin still very tender to the touch. I've made this card using a Papermania clear stamp from a set of delicate floral images which as I've said before are difficult to make look delicate because of the solid nature of the stamps. This time I used catseye chalk ink pads to colour the stamp and then used fine markers to add a little detail here and there. Background papers are by papermania and a nesties label die was used to cut out the image